1. Be professional and deliver great customer service.
This is simple. Show up on time, stick to deadlines, and answer phone calls. Great customer service is key! Your customers will appreciate your efforts and refer you to their friends and neighbors.
2. Educate potential customers about the benefits of installing solar panels.
Be specific as possible! How much money will they save on their monthly utility bills? What tax credits (if any) are available in your area? How will they be helping the environment?
Find the right marketing strategy for your solar panel business »
3. Give your old website a makeover.
A sleek, modern website can be a great asset to your business. Customers can access important information about your solar panel business 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
KEEP READING: More about Solar Websites
4. Build a strong portfolio of online reviews.
Solar panels are a big investment! Your customers want to know that they are hiring a reputable installation company. Positive reviews help to establish credibility and boost your reputation.
5. Optimize your company website for local search.
If you are a solar contractor in Atlanta, you want your website to rank highly for “solar panel installers in Atlanta”. These local, long-tail keywords can be incredibly valuable to your website.
6. Advertise on a local radio station.
This is a great option solar companies that span an entire metro area. Radio advertising can help to build your brand and attract new customers.
7. Get new business cards printed for you and your employees.
Believe it or not, they are still important! Business cards are an easy, low-cost way to make new connections and grow your solar installation business. Need help putting together a new business card? Check out this article
to get some helpful tips.
Learn where to find solar leads »
8. Use a solar pay-per-call service to increase call volume.
Sometimes, you just need the phone to ring a few more times a week. With pay per call leads, interested customers will call you directly to request more information or to schedule an estimate. All you have to do is answer the phone!
READ MORE: How Much Do Solar Leads Cost?
9. Get involved in the community by sponsoring a local event.
This could be a local baseball tournament, a 5K race, or a concert. You can even set up a booth at the event and pass out fun, promotional items (as well as informational brochures). It’s just important to shake hands with people and meet them face-to-face.
10. Use your company vehicles as mobile billboards.
Vinyl-wrapped trucks are a great way to generate leads – with little to no effort. All you have to do is drive to the job site and park your truck in the driveway. Neighbors and other passersby will know right away that it’s your company installing the new solar panels.
11. Build meaningful relationships with the local business community.
Nobody likes the word “networking”, but it is important to get to know other local business owners. They can be an important source of referral business for your solar panel company.
11. Join a professional association for solar providers.
It may be beneficial to join a national or local chapter of a professional trade association. They often valuable provide networking and marketing resources to their members.
12. Give outdoor advertising a try.
Have you tried renting a billboard? Advertising on bus benches? This is a good way for solar companies to target certain neighborhoods and highly trafficked areas.
13. Take the time to put together a great brochure.
Printed marketing materials still work for solar contractors! If you’re worried about wasting natural resources, make a point to print it on recycled paper!
14. Use a solar lead generation service and bid on more jobs.
You can jumpstart your marketing efforts by purchasing solar leads. Some companies may even schedule appointments on your behalf. You may not win every job, but this is a great way to get your name out there and practice your sales pitch.
RELATED: What are Solar Appointments?
Need solar panel leads? We can help! →
15. Get listed in online directories. It’s free to join many online directories and review websites. Every solar panel business should take advantage of these opportunities.
16. Craft a great sales pitch and invest time in training your staff. It takes time and effort to develop these skills. It may even be worth it to attend a solar sales training course. You can bring back what you learned and pass it on to the rest of your sales staff.
17. Drive extra traffic to your website with pay-per-click advertising campaign. Your website won’t do you any good if no one ever sees it. You can change that overnight by setting up a paid search campaign.
18. Ask people how they found your business. Tracking your leads is incredibly important! You want to know which marketing channels are providing the best (and worst) return on investment.