Pay Per Lead
Pay Per Call
Web Design & Management
Promoting Your Appliance Repair Business
13 Marketing Ideas for Appliance Repair Services
We want to help you grow your appliance repair business and make more money. Use these 13 tips to get started:
1. Be fair, be friendly! We really can’t stress this enough! It’s much easier to keep one of your existing customers than to find a new one. By building a loyal customer base, your job only becomes easier! Referrals will come your way naturally. A satisfied customer will happily recommend you to their friends and neighbors.
2. Invest in a new website. A great website can be an incredible asset to your appliance repair company. Honestly, you need a website just to be seen as a legitimate business. If your website looks like a kid’s arts & crafts project, it might be time to hire a professional web designer. It’s also important to make sure your website is easy-to-use on all devices (including tablets and smartphones).
3. Find your niche. What’s your specialty? Carving out a niche for yourself can help you grow your business. For example, you might specialize in restaurant equipment service or refrigerator repair. People would much rather hire an expert in a certain area than a general appliance service.
4. Ask for referrals.
This one is super simple. Ask your existing customers, friends, neighbors, and family members to spread the word about your appliance repair business. Let them know that you’re always looking for new business. If you really want to encourage these word-of-mouth recommendations, think about starting an incentive program. Who doesn’t love free stuff? If someone refers their friend to you, you could offer them a gift card or another small gift after the job is completed.
5. Use reviews to build your credibility. Customer testimonials are nice, but people really want to read reviews. One of your satisfied customers won’t mind taking a few minutes to leave a review for you. Your job is to make it easy for them to do so. For example, you can provide links to your review profiles on your own website. Appliance repair companies with many positive reviews typically get more exposure on these platforms.
6. Promote your business with a coupon. Discounts and coupons are great for attracting new customers. Cost is one of the most important decision-making factors for consumers. Offering a lower price is a good way to make people choose your appliance service over the competition. If you knock the first job out of the park, they will be more than willing to pay full-price next time.
7. Try advertising in the Yellow Pages. Yellow pages advertising can still work for some appliance repair companies. It’s definitely worth a shot if you work and live in a smaller market. You might also consider yellow pages advertising if your typical customer is over the age of 55. Older people are more likely look up a business in the phonebook (rather than a laptop or cell phone). If you live in a competitive, metropolitan area – your marketing budget may be better spent on digital advertising.
8. Try using a lead generation service. If you are looking to generate new business quickly, buying leads is a good place to start. You can purchase leads for a variety of jobs, including residential and commercial appliance repair jobs. Homeowners may be looking to repair household appliances, like microwaves, dishwashers, ovens, washers, dryers, refrigerators, and range hoods. Business owners may be looking to hire you for kitchen equipment repair or commercial refrigerator repair. Most lead generation companies charge on a “per lead” basis. This means that you only pay for the leads that match your set preferences and geographic service area. Once you buy the lead, it will still be up to you to close the sale. If you are not able to reach the prospect the first time, call again! Following up is key.
9. Start a pay-per-click advertising campaign. PPC advertising is great for appliance repairmen. You only get charged when someone clicks on your ad. Over time, you can test which keywords and ad headlines work best for your business. For example, you might find that “appliance repair near me” converts at a higher rate than “local appliance repair technicians”. You might also find that your ads are more successful on certain days of the week.
10. Sign up for an appliance repair pay-per-call service. A pay-per-call advertising company can help you stay busy throughout the whole year. How does it work? The lead generation company works to find local consumers who need to hire an appliance technician. When someone is interested in hiring you, they can call your business number directly! The calls are tracked and you are charged a fixed fee per incoming call. Don’t let a single call go to waste! Make sure there is always someone available to answer the phone during normal business hours. If you miss a call, call back as soon as possible!
11. Email your past clients. Email is one of the easiest ways to stay in touch with your current and past customers. When someone has a broken oven element or a clogged dryer vent, you want them to call you. Sending out a regular newsletter can help to ensure they don’t forget about your appliance repair service.
12. Don’t give up on “snail mail”. Direct mail is a good way to reach people who have been putting off a project. Your mailer can give them the little nudge they need to get it done. You can even target a specific set of local codes where you have had success in the past. Something as simple as a postcard will do the trick (and it won't break the bank).
13. Learn how SEO can help your appliance repair service. This one is going to take a little bit more time. SEO can help your website rank higher in the major search engines. Writing original content for your website is a good first step. For example, you might want to start writing weekly blog posts. Don’t copy and paste other people’s articles. This can actually damage your website’s reputation.
Marketing for Appliance Repair Companies – Questions & Answers
What do I need to have on my appliance repair website?
1. Your company name and logo
2. Your contact information (phone number, email address, brick and mortar address, etc.)
3. Your service area (counties or cities that you serve)
4. Hours of operation
5. List of the services you provide
6. High-quality photographs and images
7. Appliance brands that you service
8. Online form to collect prospective customers’ contact information
Why should appliance repair companies care about SEO?
Plain and simple, appliance repair websites with great SEO are going to get more traffic. Hopefully, you can rankly highly for important keyword searches like “best appliance repairman” and “local appliance service”. Your job is to turn these additional website visitors into paying customers.
Can appliance services buy job leads?
Of course, they can! Appliance repair companies can purchase leads from a few different lead generation companies. Most lead providers charge on a “per lead” basis. This means you will only pay for local leads that match your selected preferences. Appliance repair leads may be for 1) refrigerator and freezer repair, 2) microwave oven repair, 3) dishwasher repair, 4) cooktop repair, 5) range or oven repair, 6) washer and dryer repair, or 7) exhaust hood repair.
Does PPC work for appliance repair businesses?
There are no guarantees; however, PPC is a reliable marketing channel for many local appliance services. If you are a do-it-yourself kind of company, then pay-per-click may be the right option for your business. Google and Bing both have user-friendly platforms where you can set up your first campaign. You can start driving highly-targeted traffic to your website almost right away. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this on your own, there are many PPC agencies that can assist you.
Is it worth it for an appliance repair business to use a pay-per-call marketing service?
Every situation is a little different, but many appliance repair specialists have had success with pay-per-call advertising. It’s important to have a trained representative of the company answer the phone. It should be someone who can answer questions, schedule appointments, and provide excellent customer service. Incoming calls may be about for a variety of different projects, ranging from fixing a broken cooktop to servicing a commercial ice machine.
Should appliance repairmen consider offering coupons?
Why not? We all love getting a good deal. Price is often the reason why someone decides to hire you or not. Offering a coupon can help someone choose your appliance service over another local competitor. If you do a great job, that satisfied customer will have no problem paying full price for the next job.
Can appliance repair contractors buy leads online?
Yes! Using an online lead generation service is a great way to generate new business and find new clients quickly. When a lead matches your preferences, you’ll receive a text message or email notification almost immediately. You will receive the prospect’s contact information and a short description of the project. If you’re interested in buying appliance repair leads, ProMatcher can point you in the right direction.
How much do appliance repair leads cost?
The cost of an appliance lead may vary based on 1) your geographic location, 2) the type of appliance, and the 3) appliance brand. For example, microwave oven repair leads may cost less than high-end range repair leads. Additionally, commercial job leads may be more expensive than residential leads. Make sure to ask about the lead provider’s credit policy. You want to know what happens when you receive a bad lead.
How much does an appliance repair company need to spend on marketing?
In most cases, it going to depend on the size of your operation. How many appliance repair technicians do you have on the payroll? How large is your service area? Realistically, an appliance service should spend somewhere between 6 and 10% of their annual revenue on marketing. To some business owners, this number might seem crazy. We know that it seems like a lot of money right now. Try not to think about marketing as an expense. Every dollar spent on marketing is an investment your business.