Updated on September 19, 2023
We have collected data to help calculate the average cost of window washing in New York, New York. The following are average costs and prices reported back to us:
Window Cleaning Cost Checklist in New York, New York
Does your window washing cost estimate include everything you want done? Here are some items to consider:
1. Will they clean the inside and outside of the windows? Make sure your proposal specifies exactly what work that will be completed.
2. Will the window sills, frames, and tracks also be cleaned? Sometimes, these items will be excluded from the proposal.
3. Are they including sliding glass doors, storm windows, and skylights? Non-standard sized windows are often quoted separately.
4. Are they going to clean the screens? There is almost always an extra charge for removing and cleaning the window screens.
5. Will they remove any paint that they come across?
6. Are they properly insured and licensed to handle the height of your house or office building? Many cities require special permits or licensing to wash exterior windows over a certain height.
Factors that Increase the Cost of Window Washing
The cost of window cleaning may increase or decrease based upon a number of different factors. Here's a list to help you understand how certain choices will impact the cost:
1. Number of “panes”.
Most window washers seem to charge by the pane. For residential purposes this, in general, seems to mean “per average size window.” The more panes you need to have washed, the higher the cost.
2. Interior and exterior window cleaning.
Cleaning the interior and exterior surface of a window will cost more than cleaning one or the other.
3. Height of windows.
In general, the window cleaning cost will be about the same for one and two story buildings. Once you go over two stories, the cost per pane will go up. This may also require additional safety equipment.
4. Screen cleaning.
If you want your screens cleaned, it will increase the cost. It may increase the cost of the window cleaning job by up to 15%.
5. Cleaning sills and frames.
There is almost always an upcharge associated with having your sills and frames cleaned.
Get matched and get quotes from window cleaning services near you