How Can Dentists Use Postcard Marketing?
Direct mail marketing is a relatively low-cost marketing solution that can be very effective for many dental practices. Direct mail can help you attract new patients and keep your existing patients coming back. If you are looking to generate leads and grow your practice, postcards may be a great option.
8 Great Reasons for Dentists to Send Postcards
1) Announce the opening of a new practice. If you are starting a new practice, you need to let people know that you’re open for business and accepting new patients!
2) Remind a patient about an upcoming appointment. We tend to schedule dental appointments many months in advance. Sending a postcard is a great way to remind someone that they have an appointment approaching. If they need to call and reschedule, they will have plenty of time to do so.
3) Remind patient to schedule an appointment. Postcards can also help you bring back “lost” or “lapsed” patients who have not been in recently. Take this opportunity to remind your patients that their oral health is important to you.
4) Say “happy birthday” to an existing patient. Your postcard doesn’t have to have anything to do with going to the dentist. You can just say “happy birthday” or “happy holidays”. I think we would all like to hear good news from our dentists.
5) Make an announcement. Have you started offering a new service – such as invisible braces or teeth whitening? Do you have a new piece of state-of-the-art equipment? Were you recently named one of the top local dentists?
6) Offer a discount coupon. Offering a “free cleaning” or a discounted service is one way to attract new patients. We all love getting a good deal. Make sure your coupon has an expiration date though! This can help incentivize people to call and schedule an appointment sooner than later.
7) Announce the opening of a new location.
If you are moving to a new office, you need to let your existing patients know where the new office is located. If you are opening a second or third location, that’s even more exciting! This lets people know that things are going well for you. The new office location may be even closer to their home or work – making it more convenient to come in for a cleaning.
8) Send a benefits reminder. You can also send a reminder to all of your patients that their dental benefits may be expiring soon. This is typically done towards the end of the calendar year.
Dental Postcard Fun Facts
1. Postcards come in many different sizes. Oversized postcards tend to stand out the most in the mail. This is a great option for most dentists.
2. The more postcards you order, the cheaper each one will be.
It’s much cheaper (per unit) to print 5,000 postcards than 500 postcards.
3. Your postcard doesn’t have to be serious. It can be funny and entertaining. Pick one with bright colors or cartoon characters (especially if you have a lot of younger patients).
4. You can print the postcards yourself in-house or you can use a direct mail service. They can help you through every step of the process from designing the postcard to selecting the right mailing list.
5. Make sure your contact information stands out! It should be easy for someone to find your phone number, then call to schedule an appointment.
6. Make sure your postcard is on high-quality paper. This makes a good first impression and it won't fall apart in the mail.
What Information Should Be on a Dental Postcard?
1. Your practice name
2. Your office phone number
3. Your office address
It can also be helpful to give a little additional information about where you are located (ex. a local landmark or a major intersection). You may even want to include a small map.
4. High-quality images and/or photos
5. Anything else you feel is relevant
- A professional headshot of yourself
- Pictures of your office
- A coupon or special offer
- Any awards you've recieved
- Some of the benefits of your practice