10 Ways for Chiropractors to Find More Local Patients
Are you a chiropractor? Do you need a little extra help with your marketing efforts? We have a few tips to help you get started. Although internet marketing is important, we still believe that old-school advertising techniques can still be very successful. Keep reading to learn more.
1. Treat your existing patients well. The most important thing you need to do is treat your patients well. Do your best to help them achieve results. If you help to relieve someone’s neck or back pain, they will naturally spread the word about your practice. Word-of-mouth advertising is important to the success of your business. Do everything you can to make sure that your patients have a great experience in your office. Try to minimize the time each patient spends in the waiting room. Make sure that the bathrooms are clean. These details matter!
2. Focus on building a brand. What is your brand? Is the name of your practice memorable? Do you serve a particular niche market? For instance, your practice may focus on treating sports injuries or providing care to families. What separates you from the other chiropractors in your area? Building a brand is great way to differentiate yourself.
3. Build out your website. First off, you need a website. If your business is not online, now is the time to invest in building a quality website. There are companies out there that specialize in building website for chiropractors. If you are on a budget, there are also many DIY platforms you can use to create your own site. If you have a website already, take the time to develop out new content and improve the user experience. Your website is a great place to answer frequently asked questions, describe the benefits of chiropractic, and provide information about different treatment options (and how much they cost).
4. Try direct mail. A chiropractic clinic can really benefit from direct mailing marketing. You can send out a postcard reminder to patients you haven’t come into the office this year. You can send a brochure about your practice to a 10,000 people in your zip code. You could also consider sending a handwritten birthday card to all of your patients. A small gesture like this can make a big difference when it comes to patient retention.
5. Actively maintain your online reputation. When people search for your business online, what are they going to find? What have people said about your practice on the popular review sites? Will your practice show up in chiropractor directories? Now, more than ever, it’s important that you actively manage your reputation online. You can hire an online reputation management company to help you out or you can do this on your own. Be proactive about it. Don’t be afraid to ask your patients for positive reviews. If someone has left a negative review, do your best to rectify the situation. You can respond politely online or call the patient directly. If you are unable to handle the situation on your own, don’t be afraid to ask for help from a professional marketing company.
6. Send regular emails to your patients. Email can be an effective marketing channel for many chiropractors. First off, it’s important to write a subject line that people will want to open. Inside the email, your message should not be overly self-promotional. Take the opportunity to teach people something new. You can write about how to deal with neck pain or how to prevent lower back injuries. There are many email marketing platforms that make it easy to measure the success of each campaign.
7. Join a pay-per-call lead program. If the phone hasn’t been ringing recently, this might be a great option for you. Working with a pay-per-lead company is an easy way to get more people booking appointments at your chiropractic clinic. You can get leads for a variety of chiropractic services. While some people may just be looking for a basic adjustment, others may be interested in massages, spinal decompression therapy, TENS therapy, sciatica treatment, or prenatal chiropractic care. Billing is usually very straightforward. Most pay-per-call companies charge a fixed amount per call.
8. Work with a pay-per-click (PPC) advertising company. PPC ads are a great way to drive traffic to your website. You can pay for your advertisement to show up at the top of relevant online searches. For example, your ad could appear for searches about “chiropractors near me”, “local chiropractors”, or “chiropractic office in my area”. You are only charged when someone clicks on your ad. The cost of PPC advertising may vary based on your geographic location. Bid prices are generally more expensive in competitive markets like New York City or Los Angeles.
9. Offer a free adjustment. Offering a discount to new patients is a classic marketing strategy. A coupon can really help get new people walking into your office. Some people can be very skeptical about the effectiveness of chiropractic. You can prove people wrong by showing them the benefits firsthand.
10. Build relationships with relevant professionals. A chiropractor can really benefit from building relationships with other medical and healthcare professionals. For example, it can help to build relationships with doctors, massage therapists, personal trainers, and nutritionists. If you offer prenatal chiropractic care, it’s going to be important to make connections with OB/GYNs and midwives. If you specialize in treating sports injuries, you may want to leave a few brochures at local gyms and fitness centers.